Better Touch,Better Business.
Better Touch,Better Business.
contact sales at INDUSTRIAL-MAN.
Process cost: processing cost (low), single piece cost (middle)
Typical products: hand model, consumer electronics, sports equipment, toys, etc.
Suitable for production: suitable for single-piece custom and small batch production
Quality: precisely shaped product surface, ideal for surface details and 3D textures
Speed: determined by part size (45 minutes - 4 hours / piece)
1. The volume of the product should be considered in the design process (the recommended weight of the single piece is within 2.5 kg), because when the product is made by vacuum casting, the larger the volume of the product, the greater the proportion of cooling shrinkage, and the time is also spent. Longer
2. Try to avoid sharp product modeling
1. The cost is low and the production cycle of the product is relatively short. Less waste and processing costs are much lower than CNC machining and 3D printing.
2. It is suitable for processing and production of small batch products. After making an original version, it can be copied according to the original version, and CNC machining requires lathes to be used one by one.
3. Good mold operation. The soft mold after curing is transparent or translucent, has good tensile strength, and is easy to cut and shape.
4. The probability of processing failure is small. As long as there is no problem with the original, the copy will naturally not go wrong.
5. Good repeatability. The silica gel for molding has good fluidity before curing, and with vacuum defoaming, the fine structure and decoration of the model can be accurately maintained.
Such as easy to shrink deformation, because after high temperature heating and then cooling will shrink, resulting in deformation, the general error is about 0.2mm . In addition, the vacuum compounding hand board can only withstand a high temperature of about 60 degrees, and is also lower in strength and hardness than the CNC prototypes.
◪ Before the production of Vacuum Casting, we need to make a sample by CNC machining or 3D printing.
Then mix silicone with curing agent. The appearance of Vacuum Casting is a flowing liquid, component A is Silicone, component B is a curing agent.
◪ Vacuum evacuations:
After the silicone and curing agent are mixed evenly, vacuum evacuation is performed. The time for vacuuming should not be too long. Under normal circumstances, do not exceed 10 minutes. If the vacuum is too long, the silicone will cure immediately. The cross-linking reaction was produced so that the silica gel became one piece and could not be painted or poured.
◪ Brushing or operation process:
Pull the evacuated silicone on the sample by brush or pour. (Note: The product or model to be copied need to use release agent before pour the silicone). Then brush the silicone on the top of the product, brushing must be uniform, after 30 minutes, paste a layer of gauze fiber weft cloth to increase the strength and tensile of silicone.
◪ Outer mold production:
Generally used methods and materials are surrounding the mold by a plastic sheet or wood, then fill mold cabinet with plaster. Another method is to brush a layer of resin then paste a layer of glass fiber cloth, then brush and then paste, repeated two or three layers can complete the mold outside.
◪ Filling or pouring mold operation method:
Filling or pouring mold is used for relatively smooth or simple products, no mold line save time and labor.